The Dane County Library Service (DCLS) is dedicated to ensuring public library services to all residents of Dane County cities, towns, and villages upon which the county library tax is levied by providing direct library service to communities and individuals not adequately served by existing libraries. The DCLS is dedicated to serving all residents who, because of disabilities, find it difficult to access public library services in traditional ways. The DCLS is dedicated to cooperation with Public Libraries throughout Dane County in order to maximize resource sharing.
Dane County Library Service
1819 Aberg Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
Phone: (608) 266-6388
Dane County Library Service relies upon Wisconsin Relay (7-1-1) to communicate by telephone with people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, or speech-disabled.
Julie Anne Chase, Director
Phone: (608) 266-6388
Mary Driscoll, Outreach Librarian
Amy, Amy, Angela, Claude, Mallory, Nate, Peter, Richard
The Dane County Library Service (DCLS) was created in 1966 in order to assure legal access to public library services for every resident of Dane County. Bookmobile service began in 1967 to provide public library services in Dane County cities, towns, and villages that do not have a public library.
DCLS is a department of Dane County and is governed by a nine member citizen board appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors. For more information, click here.
- Awards celebrate community partnerships and Billups legacy - 2013 June 11
- Jail Library Group connects Dane County inmates to knowledge, community - 2013 May 2
- Dane County Sheriff’s Annual Awards recognize Jail Library Group - 2013 April 4
- Dane County Library Service receives Lois Lenski Covey Foundation Grant - 2012 Dec 5
- Deep in the shelves: Revel in distinct topic at each Dane County library - 2011 January 28
- Fitchburg Library to Cause Ripples in County Library System - 2010 October 10
- Mary Driscoll Receives Service Award - 2010 September 21
- Guide to Dane County libraries - 2010 July 28
- Young Readers Rejoice When 'Booker' Hits Town - 2010 June 27
- Riding with "Booker" - 2010 June 27
Friends of Dane County Library Service
The Friends of Dane County Library Service is a separate, non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Its purpose is to further the mission of the Dane County Library Service by encouraging broad community support and participation in all aspects of the DCLS. The group raises money as well as awareness, providing funding for the purchase of library materials that enrich the collection and programming that serves the public.
Join the Friends now!
Click here to find out more about this exciting organization.
Find out other ways to improve your Dane County Library Service experience