Bulletin Board & Handouts
1. Handouts and postings on bulletin boards are reserved for publicizing library and government events of local interest and information.
Priority Posting will go to:
• Library and library-related items.
• City government publications.
• Other government publications of local interest.
• Non-commercial materials of local civic, cultural, educational or recreational interest.
• Free community newspapers and magazines, with or without advertising, containing news and feature articles of local interest. The Library has limited space for these materials.
2. Free directories and pamphlet of local interest will be distributed only as space permits.
3. Forms of literature unacceptable or unsuitable for library distribution or posting include:
• Items advertising or promoting business or commercial entities, advertisements of businesses, products, or services.
• Direct requests for contributions not associated with an event (including non-profit or charitable institutions).
• Information about any event or activity not open to the public.
• Personal notices, handouts, and advertisements of articles for sale.
• Job postings and participant requests for medical studies or other research.
• Non-profit organization newsletters and meeting minutes.
• All items submitted for posting must comply with the Bulletin Board and Handouts Policy.
• Organizations may mail or deliver their items directly to the library. Only designated professional library staff may post or remove materials for public display or distribution.
• All materials for public display or distribution must include: the organization’s name, address, web address (if applicable), and telephone number.
• Materials left for posting or distribution without library authorization will be discarded.
• In general, bulletin board notices are accepted for dated material only, not to exceed thirty days (30 days) as space permits.
• Activities having no specific date may be displayed for a reasonable length of time (as determined by the library director and as space permits) or up to 60 days.
• Unused materials will be discarded or recycled.
APPROVED BY THE LIBRARY BOARD ON APRIL 18, 2007.