Class Visits & Tours
Possible group activities include:
- Brief orientation to library resources tailored to grade levels (PreK-Gr.8)
- Storytelling sessions or workshops (PreK - Gr. 8)
- Booktalks to motivate reading (Gr. 1 - 8)
Planning a Visit to the Library?
Appointments will be made per consideration of staffing availability. Tours for youth are arranged by Youth Services Staff. Please call 222-6127 or email email@example.com.
Supervision is required. School classes, numbering no more than 30, are invited to request a tour of the library once each semester. Adult supervisors must remain with and assist the group during the visit.
Students whose library cards are in good standing may check out 2 books at the time of your visit. We will not issue new cards during a class visit. For more information about getting your students a library card see Your Library Card.
Special preparations are made for your visit. If you are unable to keep your appointment, PLEASE CALL TO CANCEL, even on the day of the scheduled visit. We appreciate your cooperation!
Can't Come to the Library?
Library staff can come to give a presentation to your class. Please contact the Youth Services Department at 608-222-6127 or firstname.lastname@example.org seven to fourteen days in advance to arrange a time and date.
Subjects for presentations include:
- Library services and resources and Library card registration
- Kids As Storytellers workshops
- Booktalks (general or specific)
- Summer Library Reading Program
- Specialized programs and workshops to fit your needs