- All Safe Sites
- B.J. Pinchbeck's Homework Helper
- Fact Monster
- Homework Center
- Kids Know It Network
- Kidspace@ the Internet Public Library
- Student Research Center (Provided by BadgerLink)
- Yahoo! Kids
- Animal Planet Information, activities, and games on pets and wild animals.
- Backyard Nature Naturalist Jim Conrad provides a broad range of nature activities and information, from the basics of observing nature to classifying plants and creatures.
- Care for Animals Learn about pets and the people who care for them at this site from the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Kid's Planet Lots of information and activities relating to endangered animals.
- Insectclopedia Comprehensive site about the world of insects.
- Pet Care Learn how to take care of your pet on this site by the ASPCA.
- Eco Kids Online Discover cool things about science and nature, wildlife, environmental issues and more through games and activities.
- Environmental Education for Kids! (EEK!) Lots of information and ideas about the earth, animals, and other neat stuff including what kinds of jobs are available for people interested in the environment.
- EPA Environmental Kids Club Find answers to questions about pollution, global warming, recycling, and much more at this site from the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The Green Squad Maintained by the Natural Resources Defense Council, this site helps kids to understand environmental and health issues as they relate to their schools.
- Kids F.A.C.E. Kids For A Clean Environment (Kids F.A.C.E.®) is an international children’s environmental organization started in 1989 by a nine-year-old child. Children learn about the environment and how to protect the earth's resources.
- A Kid's Wilderness Survival Primer Learn what to do if you are lost in the wilderness. See how prepared you are with the interactive wilderness survival simulator.
- My First Garden Offers information and hands-on guidance about flowers, vegetables and the principles of horticulture.
- Weather Wiz Kids Includes a glossary, jokes, experiments, folklore, an "ask" section, and even access to Doppler sites, hurricane tracking charts, and charts for wind chill, heat index, and temperature conversions.
- BAM! Body and Mind Maintained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this site helps to answer kids' questions on health issues and recommend ways to make their bodies and minds healthier, stronger and safer. Games, quizzes and health tips also included.
- KidsHealth Watch Out This site offers health and safety tips, including topics like first aid, being safe indoors and outdoors, eating health, and much more.
- Nutrition Explorations: Kids From the National Dairy Council, this site features recipes, games and activities that encourage kids to make healthy food choices.
*You can use Mango and NoveList Plus outside the library with your valid library card and have designated the Oregon Library as your home library. The other databases are provided by the BadgerLink project and available to all Wisconsin residents with a valid library card.
- Mango is an online language-learning system for help learning languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and Russian and more.
- NoveList Plus offers recommended reads, book discussion guides, book talks, author biographies, and articles.
- TeachingBooks.net has original, up-close profiles of authors and illustrators, audio excerpts of book readings, guides to thousands of titles, and a wealth of resources on children's and young adult literature.
- Webster Dictionary
- AAA Math Offers explanations of mathematical topics, practice problems, and challenging games organized by topic and grade level.
- Figure This! Math Challenges for Families Site run by National Council of Teachers of Mathematics that offers math and spatial problems.
- Fun Brain Test your math skills with these fun and interesting games. Includes some teacher and parenting resources.
- Kids’ Zone Topics and activities from the National Center for Education Statistics
- Maths Dictionary for Kids An interactive dictionary for students which explains over 500 common mathematical terms.
- Math Forum A help site run by Drexel University for math levels elementary to college.
- Math is Fun Great introduction to basic math concepts using text and diagrams.
- Math Playground An educational site for elementary and middle school students where you can practice your math skills through games.
- All About Dinosaurs A fascinating and informative site on dinosaurs…great for young children
- Dinosaurs A guide to over 300 dinosaurs. Includes timeline and countries where dinosaurs lived.
- How Stuff Works Explains how a variety of stuff works.
- NASA for Students Official website of National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- National Geographic Kids Offers videos, games, and activities on animals, science, and people and places.
- Science Fair Project Guide An excellent resource from Internet Public Library that that guide kids and parents through the process of creating an exceptional science project.
- Science Buddies Visit this website to learn how to do a science experiment and to find many ideas for science experiments.
- The Science Club Contains instructions on easy, medium, and advanced science fair projects.
- Space Place Fun site run by NASA with games, projects, trivia, and much more.
- Ben Franklin's Guide to the US Government
- The Fifty States of the United States
- State Symbols
- Wisconsin Government's Kids Page
- U.S. States
- World Flags
- Exploratorium Sport Science Learn about various sports and also the science behind each sport.
- Sports Illustrated for Kids This site the latest news in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and fantasy sports. Plus sports games!
- Play Football Official NFL site for kids.
- Playworks Great resource for kids' playground games and physical activities.
- Sports and Recreation Injury Prevention - For Kids Tips on how to keep safe while playing your favorite sport.
Photo Credits: general from sAeroZar, animals from blmiers2, environment from Slightlynorth, health from woodpainter, language arts from Blacknell , math from artnoose, science from Sharon Drummond, social studies from lalunablanca, sports from shooten4ya