General has informational links on a variety of subjects.
Health & Nutrition offers resources on a variety of health and nutrition issues.
Math sites that provide practice problems, explanations, and more.
Writing & Research offer guides to writing research papers and how to site sources and book summaries.
Internet Resources has resources recommended by Oregon Public Library's Reference Librarian on a topics like health, legal, and careers and jobs.
Locally-Subscribed* and Popular Databases
*You can use Mango and NoveList Plus outside the library with your valid library card and have designated the Oregon Library as your home library. The other databases are provided by the BadgerLink project and available to all Wisconsin residents with a valid library card.
- offers online information resources for all Wisconsin residents with a valid library card.
- Encyclopædia Britannica Encyclopedias, dictionary, thesaurus, and related learning materials for students and teachers (K-12).
- History Reference Center provides access to articles, images, maps, and more in the area of history.
- Literary Reference Center has information about authors and their works.
- LitFINDER provides access to thousands of full-text poems, short stories, essays, speeches and play along with biographies, summaries, photos, and more.
- Science Reference Center provides access to articles, images, maps, and more in the area of science.
- Student Research Center has information on a variety of topics from a variety of sources (newspapers, encyclopedias, state/province reports, maps, primary source documents, and video)
- LearningExpress Library is a test preparation website that offers comprehensive courses in math, reading and writing, and more than 300 online practice tests for students and adults of all ages.
- Locally-Subscribed Databases that are available to Oregon Public Library patrons with a
valid library card and have designated Oregon Library as your home library.
- Literature Resource Center has information about authors and their works.
- Mango is an online language-learning system for help learning languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and Russian and more.
- NoveList Plus offers recommended reads, book discussion guides, book talks, author biographies, and articles.
- TeensHealth Offers information on a variety of topics like food & fitness, diseases, drugs & alcohol, and much more.
- Nutrition Links recommended by Oregon Public Library's Reference Librarian.
- Coming to Terms A guide to writing research papers that includes tips for getting started, finding information on the web and in the library, and links to online resources.
- Schoolbytes Lots of book summaries.
- CliffsNotes Literature, math, science, language, and more subject guides are available.
- SparkNotes Many subjects and test prep guides are available.
- UW- Madison Writing Center Writing guides and citation styles (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.).
- NoodleTools Offers citation generator and tools for research.
- EasyBib Free bibliography and citation maker.