Sauk Prairie Area Literacy Council
Visit the Sauk Prairie Area Literacy Council website for information on how to become a tutor or how to be matched with a tutor.
Literacy Materials at Your Libraries
Literacy materials are available at both the Prairie du Sac and the Sauk City Libraries. Individuals wishing to take these items home need a valid library card.
View literacy materials available at the Prairie du Sac Library or search for literacy resources available in the entire library system. The following are links to popular literacy materials available through the local libraries. Contact or visit the library if you would like assistance in locating additional literacy materials. There are many other resources available!
New Vistas Materials
Side by Side
- At my library: Student Books and Workbooks
- Side by Side Website (with downloadable teaching strategies corresponding to each book!)
- Activities for ESL Students - http://a4esl.org/
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- Early Literacy Resources for Parents (in English & Spanish)
- English Learner's Dictionary
- English Pronouncing Dictionary (hear English words pronounced)
- International Reading Association (reading lessons)
- LearningExpress Practice tests for TOEFL, US Citizenship and advanced English students.
- Literacy Network Blog
- Madison Literacy Network
- New Vistas - Teacher's Resource Manuals (PDF)
- New Vistas - Online Activities
- Rong-Chang Li's English as a Second Language
- Side by Side Website
- Wisconsin Literacy (members only section includes tutor training manual)
- AulaClic.com Free online tutorial in Spanish for various computer programs
Forms & Applications
- Apply to be a Student (English/Spanish)
- Apply to be a Tutor
- Library Card Application (A valid library card is required to borrow literacy materials from Prairie du Sac & Sauk City public libraries)
- Spanish Library Card Application