Vine St. Reedsburg, WI 53959
Voice: (608) 524-3316; Fax: (608) 524-9024
INTERNET & COMPUTER USE GUIDELINES
*YOU ARE RESPONSBILE FOR READING THESE
should be aware that private information shared on our Public Computer may not
By using the Internet workstations at the Reedsburg Public Library you agree to the following guidelines:
- The user must be a registered cardholder in good standing.
- Out of System users or users without a library card must present ID and are eligible to use the computers on a temporary basis.
- Only the registered individual may use the computers; loaning or borrowing cards to access computers is not permitted.
- Individuals may use library computers for a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- Only one user per station
- Users must be at least 10 years old to use computers independently. A responsible adult must directly supervise children under the age of 10.
- The computers have a central printer. Pages must be picked up at the desk at 10 cents per page.
- Programs, plug-ins and other downloads may not be installed by users.
- No food or beverages of any kind are allowed at computer workstations.
- Please be advised that the System Administrator reserves the right to monitor the sites you have visited during this session.
11. Use of the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Inappropriate use will result in a cancellation of this privilege.
12. Illegal use of computers may be subject to prosecution by local, state, or federal authorities.
13. Private information shared on public computers may not be secure.
14. Computer user is responsible for evaluating information and sources accessed on the computers.
Inappropriate use includes but is not limited to the following:
* Unauthorized tampering with computer hardware or software.
* Storage of data to anything other than a personal memory device.
* Displaying, printing or sending any material that is obscene, libelous, threatening or harassing.
* Downloading or installing spyware, viruses, Trojans, malware, or any other harmful program.
* Violation of software license agreements and copyright laws.
Update: February 16, 2010